Beekeeping is nothing new—the ancient Egyptians were well versed in the benefits of living with bees—but in recent years, there has been a surge of folks struck with the desire to build and nurture a hive of their own. Beekeeping has become the passion of farmers in rural Vermont, urbanites with rooftops in LA, and thousands of people in between. This book is for beginners and experts alike, with all the basic information you need to get started, as well as stories and tips that will inspire and instruct the most seasoned beekeeper.
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Choose a spot for your hive
- Build a hive with simple tools and materials
- Buy bees or attract them to your hive
- Harvest the fruits of the bees’ labor
- Make beeswax candles and lip balm
- Utilize honey, wax, and propolis for medicinal purposes
- And much more!